Monday, August 31, 2009

Knitting Frenzy!

Do you remember that list I made awhile back? The list that outlined all of my unfinished works in progress that I was trying to finish up? Well, I've definitely made progress! I've finished 3 of the 5 items on the list, not including the pair of Bella's Mittens that I made for my friend Jill's birthday. Granted, they weren't completed by her birthday, but they're done now, only 3 months later and it's still not cold enough to wear them. So a small measure of satisfaction for me!

1. Mosey - I finished these up last weekend and wore them out and about. So cute! I felt literally like a child of the 80s (which, granted, I am...but I wasn't old enough to pick out my own clothes then, so does it really count??) and with denim shorts and a green tee from American Eagle, I was rocking out! I will wear these again, especially as the weather gets cooler. I think I need another pair of legwarmers...now I just have to find a pattern or come up with something on my own!




2. Dream Swatch Head Wrap - I was tired of looking at this in the knitting basket next to my couch, so I whipped it out over the weekend. Not difficult at all! It turned out beautifully, but since I don't have the bangs to make this flattering, I gave it to my fashionable friend Anna! She looks tres European, don't you think?





3. Horcrux Socks - I finished these a good while back, but haven't worn them yet due to the ridiculously hot temps and high humidity we experience here in the South during the summer. When wool sock season comes along, I'll break these bad boys out!






I'm still working on the Circles Scarf (the plan now is to give this to my mama for Christmas!) and have to finish up the majority of the little suction cups/circles. The Wild Stripes blanket is in flux as well, but I'm thinking about co-opting that yarn for use in the Rebecca sweater. We'll see though. In the meantime, I'm going to start Ysolda's Urchin so I have some portable work knitting with some yarn that my mama got me awhile ago...Ironstone's Fun Wool. So pretty! Let's hope the productivity keeps up, especially over the holiday weekend!

This weekend, I'm off to my alma mater, Clemson University, for the first football game of the season! Go Tigers! Then we'll spend the rest of the weekend lounging at Lake Wateree. Bliss! After that, over the Patriot's Day weekend, I'lll be catching a quick flight to Chicago, the Windy City, to visit my dear friend Jill, along with her sister Becky and our friend Devon. Should be an exciting time filled with pizza, baseball, a wine festival in Oldtown and good times with good friends!


1 comment:

Diana said...

Those legwarmers look seriously cozy.