Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Inspired

Although winter is a fantastic time to sit indoors, watch some Dog the Bounty Hunter reruns, sip hot chocolate, and knit to your heart's content, I find that my knitting time is so limited now. Sad! When it gets particularly chilly, I bring Wally indoors and he sleeps in his crate in the living room. This requires me to get up even earlier than normal (normal being 4:30) to take him back over to my parents' house before I go to work. So in the pursuit of 7 to 8 hours of sleep, I have been going to bed lately between 7:30 and 8:30. Uber early!! But it helps when the alarm goes off at 3:30 and I have to take an excited yellow lab out for his morning walk that I've actually slept.



So, knitting time is less than normal. Yet, inspiration and desire to knit is skyrocketing! Lately, as I peruse other people's blogs and Ravelry, I see scads of patterns I'm dying to get to work on. As evidence, I present to you my list of inspirational knits I've spyed on my travels. It takes some serious willpower not to A) run off to the nearest website and buy new yarn, or B) cast on RIGHT NOW!


1) Carole's Furrow Mittens (pattern by Kirsten Kapur)

2) Erin's Bella's Mittens (pattern by Subliminal Rabbit)

3) Sarah's February Lady Sweater (pattern by Pamela Wynne)

4) Owls by Kate Davies

5) Happy College Knitter's Wham Bam Thank You Lamb (pattern by Insaknitty)

6) Twist Collective's Vivian


I wish I could invent a machine that would instantly pack more knitting hours into the day! That'd be an investment for sure! For now, bit by bit, piece by piece, I'll start on my projects. Hopefully soon I'll have some FOs to show you!

2 comments:

PB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara said...

Oh yes, I LOVE owls too. I might have to cheat on my other knits and start that one.