Monday, January 26, 2009

On Mondays

Ah, back to work. I don't really mind Mondays that much. It's just the getting up so early that bothers me. I think I can still hear my warm bed calling my name.

I've discovered a fabulous new (to me) website this morning called Library Thing. I don't know how many of you have heard of it, but it's fantastic! You can catalog your entire collection of books online in a virtual library (and for me, there are a lot!) and you can read reviews, get recommendations on other books to read, connect with other readers locally and from afar. I think the list-y nature of it appeals to me most. Having a nice list of all the books I own...wow. In addition, one of the biggest pluses about this site is that they allow you to read and review books prior to their being published and available for purchase. How awesome is that??

As for the obligatory weather report, it's still crazy here. Calling for wintry mix today, but high in the 60s on Wednesday. That's what I get for living in the South. But I can't complain. I'm warm and snug in my office, waiting for the first signs of spring.

Wally wishes everyone a brilliant Monday! His grandma snapped this adorable shot of him during Raleigh's Great Snowstorm of 2009.

No comments: